About Chinese Medicine Adelaide
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), herbs are often combined in formulas and given many forms. Chinese Medicine (Materia Medica - a pharmacological reference book used by TCM practitioners) includes thousands of medicinal substances—primarily plants and some minerals and animal products. Different parts of plants, such as the leaves, roots, stems, flowers, and seeds, are used.
How does Chinese Herbalist Adelaide use formulations?
Adelaide Traditional Chinese Medical Centre most often use two or more substances in Chinese medicinal formulations. Thus, it creates a balanced, synergistic effect that reflects the holistic nature of the diagnosis.
There are thousands of traditional herbal formulas for just about every condition imaginable. Though, a formula is almost always modified by the TCM practitioner to suit the subtle nuances of the patient's condition and constitution. This makes each formulation highly individualised.
Adelaide Traditional Chinese Medical Centre's formulations are prepared in many different ways:
- Chinese herbal decoctions - The most traditional method of preparing a herbal formula in China. They are infamous for their strong taste and aroma. Decoctions can involve lengthy preparation and result in "teas". Because of this, decoctions are not as popular or as widely used in the west.
- Herbal powders - Can be mixed with hot water to make tea. They are more convenient to prepare and use and are less intense than traditional decoctions.
- Chinese Patent Formulas - Pre-made herbal formulations in pill or tablet form are perhaps the most widely used form of Chinese herbal medicine outside of China.
- Syrups - Soothing preparations for coughs and sore throat are also a convenient way to administer herbal formulations to children.
- Liniments, salves, compresses and plasters - Used for external application. TCM relies on herbal therapies both to treat illness and optimise health and prevention of disease. Next to dietary therapy, Herbal therapy is perhaps the most widely used TCM treatment modality.
Keep in Mind
- Tell your Chinese medicine doctor at Adelaide Traditional Chinese Medical Centre all the medication you consider when prescribing herbal formula. Please give us a complete picture of what you do to manage your health, and as a result, it will help ensure coordinated and natural care.
How Can We Help
Adelaide City Acupuncture offers the best acupuncture and Chinese medicine service in town. We are registered acupuncturist and Chinese medicine practitioner. We have HICAPS facilities onsite, and you can claim a private health insurance rebate, such as Medibank Private, in the clinic and only pay the gap. In your first visit, we start working with your pulse taking, tongue checking, physical palpation, and examination. Then we will collect all related information about your diet, your overall lifestyle, exposure to toxins, hereditary factors and medications taking. Consequently, by working with both the symptoms and cause, we will form a treatment plan for your approval and treatments to follow. By doing so, we can provide the most personalised natural therapy with minimal side effects.
Your acupuncture treatment may combine with other alternative medicine, such as Chinese herbs, Tui-Na massage, cupping and laser acupuncture. It can also use in conjunction with your other routine care and prescription medications. The treatments are painless and non-invasive; they will not affect your daily lifestyle during the treatment plan.
Our acupuncture treatments are based on clinical evidence and will also improve your general health. Balancing the hormonal level and reducing stress can also help you feel and function better overall.
Our mission is to help you enjoyably regain your balanced health. At Adelaide City Acupuncture Clinic, We will work with you to find the best treatment solution for your healthcare needs, therefore achieve your quick and lasting pain relief. We are conveniently located in the CBD and easily accessible through both private and public transport. Email or Call Us at (08) 8221 5880 today to learn more about our natural Healthcare Programme options or schedule your consultation online.