Ming Xuan Reactions - Healing Crisis
What is Ming Xuan Reactions?
Ming Xuan Reactions are the reactions incurred after medicine administration or acupuncture treatment, also known as "reverse reaction", "adjustment reaction", "healthy reaction" or "immune reaction".
Ming Xuan reactions are the very evidence for the efficacy of your treatment! Qi's recovery (a basic TCM concept, synonymous with "vital energy";) is the sign of naturalness! When your medicine or Qi arrives at the root cause of a disease, you will surely feel uncomfortable or even painful, something like "it is the darkest before dawn".
According to an ancient Chinese book Shang Shu' Yue Ming (Part I), "If no Ming Xuan reactions occur after the treatment, then the root of the disease is not treated, and the disease is not touched". All those responses are the effects of promoting the human body's self-healing ability, cell regeneration of internal organs, and activating meridians' transmission mechanism. Such reactions are inevitable metabolism necessary for radical improvement.
There is a popular TCM notion that "you are not recovering if no Ming Xuan reaction appears". "Ming Xuan reaction" is not a side effect but a natural phenomenon during natural conditioning for human body organs. It shows the fight of body potential energy (vital Qi) against pathogenic factors with the aid of medicine, and the patient will eventually turn for the better. Just like flood protection method employed by Da Yu (an ancient Chinese expert in flood control), Ming Xuan reaction is a good physiological phenomenon that pathogenic factors and toxins are being channelled off and removed from a human body. But if pathogenic factors and/or toxins are not completely removed, the disease or illness will come back someday. However, the disease symptoms already seem to be suppressed, and the patient already appears to get better. It is something like "if weeds are cut without their roots dug up, they will grow again".
According to TCM, "reverse reaction" is the very evidence for an natural prescription, and by nature, it is an appropriate and active response, but not a warning response. It shows the efficacy of prescription or treatment in stimulating the patient's natural healing ability. It helps a patient recuperate and promote cell metabolism to sufficient oxygen and nutrients.
What do I need to do with Ming Xuan Reactions?
When you have the Ming Xuan reactions, the right attitude is: take things as they come, let it be and bear the reactions calmly without excessive expectations.
The momentary feelings are indeed somewhat uncomfortable. But if such uncomfortable feelings can bring us through recovery, it will be worthy. Pupation must be bitter, but a butterfly will be attractive and can fly and dance in the sky after exuviation.
What do the Ming Xuan Reactions feel Like?
Most patients who receive our treatment have the following sensations or symptoms:
- Pruritus, pain, rash, chickenpox, fester, petechial, yawn, sneeze, cough and other symptoms similar to cold (all these are benign reactions) ...
- As a rule, you feel extremely itching before your wound heals. So you will understand that itching is the signal of recovery.
- Sweat, nasal mucus, tears, phlegm, saliva, abnormal faeces and urine (colour, shape, stench, diarrhoea, or quantity and frequency)...
- Characteristics of diarrhoea: as a rule, in a normal case, the patient will feel general weakness after several occurrences of diarrhoea. But during Ming Xuan Reactions, the above feeling of weakness after few times diarrhoea will not happen, and tenesmus symptom will also not have here.
- Local heat: the principle is similar to heat generation by heating wire of electric cooker during power connection. The electric resistance there is high, while ordinary wires do not generate heat. Pyrexia at cervical vertebra or scapula is often related to heart trouble, and other heats vary from area to area are in terms of its cause.
- Some patients feel chilly after treatment.
To sum up, the point of the body where you feel uncomfortable is generally where the cause of your disease lies. So you may deduce where your trouble used to be by knowing where you feel uncomfortable;
Different people may fall with different diseases, while different patients will have different reactions. The same disease will react differently at different times, and stage - health will recover when conditions are ripe.
According to TCM, "reverse reaction"; is the very evidence for an natural prescription, and by nature, it is an appropriate and active response, but not a warning response. It shows the efficacy of prescription or treatment in stimulating the patient's natural healing ability. It helps a patient recuperate and promote cell metabolism to sufficient oxygen and nutrients.